Closed Caption Insertion into AVC and MPEG Streams
Expert-Caption® inserts captions from plain text or captioning files into AVC or MPEG streams without transcoding the video. The tool supports CEA-708/HD, CEA-608/SD, DVD and other captioning formats and outputs transport or program streams. The resultant captioned streams are compliant with broadcast and onboarding standards for Video On Demand (VOD), CableLabs, ATSC, and Over-the-top (OTT) applications.
Captioning your files has never been easier. Just drag your uncaptioned video to Expert-Caption and the program will do the rest. The tool can also be run in the batch mode allowing you to automatically caption thousands of files or to integrate captioning into your video workflow.
Expert-Caption 7 includes compliant CEA-708/HD and CEA-608/SD captioning decoders that allow you to do a quality assurance pass of your captioned video before delivery.
Expert-Caption® is easy to use
Demonstration of insertion of CEA-708 and 608 closed captioning into a video using PixelTools Expert-
Working examples of methods to troubleshoot closed captioning in a video using
PixelTools Expert-Caption analyzer and CEA-708 and 608 compliant video decoder.
- Easy drag and drop insertion of captions into video files
- Caption repair, extraction and transcoding
Expert-Caption inputs transcribed captions from a .SCC file, a text and timecode file or from other popular captioning file formats. The tool inserts the captions into elementary video faster than real time in compliance with most broadcast standards and remultiplexes the file without the quality loss from transcoding.
Expert-Caption 7 includes compliant CEA-708 and CEA-608 captioning decoders that allow you to do a quality assurance pass of your captioned video before delivery. All languages that have a unicode font will be displayed on the CEA-708 window. The tool also includes multi-levels of captioning analysis from a quick property listing of the type of captions found in a video down to the actual control codes, timings, text and binary captioning codes found in a captioned stream.
The tool is very easy to use. Just drag the uncaptioned video stream onto the Expert- Caption icon and the tool will do the rest. For non-standard captioning requirements, you can simply drag your custom configuration file onto the Profile box before you start the stream update.
Expert-Caption includes solutions for a wide variety of captioning issues including re- syncing captions, editing captions, and transcoding caption types.
The tool will easily fit into your workflow via operation in the unattended batch mode.
- Insert CEA-708, CEA-608, DVD, ATSC and SCTE captions into AVC or MPEG
- Transcode captions from an MXF caption track into a video stream
- Input captions defined in .SCC, .CAP or simple text and time code files.
- Convert legacy analog ”line 21” captions to 708/608 digital captions
- Convert SD (CEA-608) captions to (CEA-708) captions
- Extract, Replace, or Erase existing captioning
- Update caption text and/or caption timing
- View captioning while decoding stream
- Analyze stream properties including any detected captioning.
- Extract legacy analog ”line 21” captions into a .SCC or .TXT file
- Transcode analog captions to SD and HD digital captions
- Extract digital captions as a .SCC file, a text file or a user data file
- Time shift captions
- Remove non-caption data from a stream.
- Extract elementary video and elementary audio from a multiplexed file
- Re-multiplex video and audio into a Transport or Program stream
- View video with CEA-708 and 608 caption overlays for verification
- Perform quick analysis of stream parameters and captioning channels
- Analyze 708 and 608 captioning commands and text
- Dump all captioning digital data onto text window and/or text file
- Unicode utilized in CEA-708 to support all languages
- AVC or MPEG video in a Transport, MXF, or Program multiplexed stream
- Transcribed timed captions in .SCC, .TXT, .CAP, or .MCI format
- CEA-708 (DTV and NTSC)
- Captioned AVC or MPEG video in a Transport or Program stream
- Extracted captions in a .SCC or .TXT file
- Elementary video and elementary audio files.
- Text file containing the text in a .SCC file
- Windows 10 ,8, 7 or XP on a PC or Mac OS.
Contact us for a demo of Expert-Caption. View our products features at a glance.
Thank you for your interest in PixelTools
and ExpertWorkshop SDK are trademarks of PixelTools Corporation.
All other brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of
their respected holders.
©1998-2016 PixelTools Corporation