Ultra high quality H.264 software video encoder
encodes popular source formats such as AVI, TGA, MOV and BMP into the
new H.264 Advanced Video Coding format. Expert-H264®uses
the latest encoder standard as defined by Joint Video Team
(JVT). H.264 yields the most efficient standards-based video
coding to date, reducing bit-rates 3 to 4 times compared to
MPEG-2 with similar quality. For an explanation of rate control
Expert-H264 is an easy to use interactive Microsoft Windows application. Advanced encoding parameter options are exposed in an intuitive dialog window for setting the best quality/bit-rate tradeoff, without the need to sort through complex configuration files.
It is used by television broadcasters to enable both 4:3 and 16:9 television sets to optimally present pictures transmitted in either format. It has also been used by broadcasters to dynamically control how down-conversion equipment formats widescreen 16:9 pictures for 4:3 displays.
Next Generation Video Encoding Tools
- Single button operation to encode sequential Targa, Bitmap, YUV frames, AVI or MOV sequences into an H.264 stream
- Includes input resizing and filtering
- View encoding progress and compressed video quality
- Step, pause, run and stop encoder controls
- Reflects the most current reference code release JM90 (January 2006). Upgrades to be issued for follow-up releases by the standards committees.
- Produces H.264 files that can be decoded by compliant decoders
- Supports all encoding functions in the JUT code
- Batch mode operation
- Optional use of JUT config file
- Ideal for early flexible evaluation of H.264 for next generation video encoding
- Recommended System Requirements:
- Intel Pentium III 1.4 GHz
- 128 MB Ram
- 10 GB Hard Drive
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, XP, ME, 2000, NT
- Sequentially numbered TGA, BMP, or YUV frames
- MOV, AVI or Raw YUV video steams
- Frame sizes from 16x16 to 16384x16384 pixels
- Encoding Parameter Changes
- Source format
- Sequence format and IDR Period (IBBPBBP, etc.)
- Granularity and Range of Motion Vector Search
- Quantization Parameters
- Output file format
- Online Help
Let us know if we can help or request a free demo of our products. View our products features at a glance.
Expert-H264 is a registered trademark of PixelTools Corporation. All other brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respected holders.
Thank you for your interest in PixelTools