Real-time High Definition Video Software Encoder
Expert-HD is a high performance,
high quality software MPEG encoder that
produces MPEG streams that are compliant with High Definition (HD)
video specifications and compatible with HD video decoders as well
as digital cinema. Also Expert-HD
has a feature to encode QuickTime exported from Final Cut Pro. Expert-HD enhances
video productivity through the following. And includes program and transport multiplexer and MPEG.
Expert-HD is pre-configured for popular HD encoding frame sizes and profiles-just a single button sets up the encode job. Custom encoding parameters can be tweaked and the resultant custom environment set up can be saved and re-used for other jobs. Expert-HD can also be run the batch mode, enabling automatic processing of multiple jobs utilizing the custom configurations.
High and High Quality Encoding
PixelTools encoders have been long recognized as providing the best
quality streams. Expert-HD has been
further refined to produce even better quality.
Expert-HD is based upon a newly optimized encoding engine that takes advantage of multi-processors, multi-threading, and the Intel SSE2 instructions to achieve faster than real-time compression of HD source material.
Expert-HD encoding jobs produce a log file that can be used for quality assurance -
- Produces MPEG1 and MPEG2 streams of any frame size and bit-rate
- Enables user access to most MPEG2 encoding control parameters
- Dynamically modifies pre-processing and encoding parameters per Edit Decision List (EDL) file
- Operates in batch mode for automatic encoding and inter-operation with PixelTools' companion products.
- Available as an SDK for OEM and embedded applications
Easy to Use Next Generation Video Encoding Tool
accepts field and frame images in all common file formats including TGA, BMP, AVI, YUV and MOV
Produces elementary video or transport streams (with AC3 or MPEG audio)
Expert-HD is optimized for speed on IntelP4 multi-processor systems. On a dual 3.06GHz processor system, Expert-HD will encoding one hour of source video in:
- 26 minutes for 720x480p 24 fps source
- 40 minutes for 1280x720p 24 fps source
- 90 minutes for 1920x1280p 24 fps source
Variable bit rate encoding
Expert-HD provides the ability to
change the encoding bit-rate scene by scene throughout an encoding session.
This capability provides more bits (resulting in higher quality) in
scenes that are more difficult to encode, and less bits in those scenes
that are easy to encode.
Variable quantization encoding
The quantization values, which determine the
amount of compression per encoding block, can also be modified on a
scene basis, frame basis, or sub-frame basis. Pre-defined or user-defined
quantization tables can be changed on scene or GOP boundaries. Quantization
tables customized for specific bit-rates and encoding complexity are
provided with Expert-HD. These tables can also be used
as templates for building complete custom tables for specific encoding
situations. In addition, the quantization within each frame can be modified
to increase or decrease the amount of data that is discarded in that
Automatic Scene Change Detection
Expert-HD can, when selected, detect scene changes throughout a video and force the start of a new encoding block (GOP) coincident with the new scene. This produces the highest quality video by keeping the I blocks (MPEG key frames) as far apart as possible. I blocks consume the largest number of bits.
An Edit Decision List (EDL) file, containing parameters that will be changed throughout the encoding session and the frames at which the changes occur is read by Expert-HD. Variable GOP structures can be specified in this file to support frame accurate GOP entry points for DVD authoring. Slight or significant quantization adjustments can be made to user defined areas within user defined frames. Expert-HD EDL operations include a powerful set of preprocessing options as well. User defined filters can be applied to selected scenes, frames, or user defined regions within a selected frame.
Spliceable Segment Encoding
Expert-HD can encode a segment or a scene with specified starting and ending buffer states. Segment sizes can be of any length. This allows scenes or segments to be removed, moved, and re-inserted to create legal MPEG video without re-encoding. This also prevents buffer over-flow or under-flow in DVD jumps between segments.
Region or Field Filtering
User defined or included standard filters can be applied to a designated region of a specified sequence of frames. Expert-HD's preprocessing engine can apply the selected filter inside or outside the user selected region. This feature is used to enhance a region of interest within frames or to minimize artifacts outside of the region of interest.
Expert-HD includes extensive frame down-sampling and frame conversions in a pre-process operation prior to MPEG encoding. Expert-HD inputs frames directly from digital disk recorders and frame grabbers. Pre-processing options include chroma down-sampling from 4:2:2 to 4:2:0, D1 to SIF, VGA to SIF, and SIF or QSIF format conversions. The output of the pre-process operation can be saved to files or just viewed without encoding.
Closed Caption Insertion
Closed caption data (or any other data) can be inserted into designated
sections of the video stream in the user data MPEG field.
Expert-HD can mix a logo bitmap or an animation with the underlying MPEG. The logo can be placed in any location within the MPEG video frame and with any mix level.
Batch Mode Operation
Batch mode operation of Expert-HD provides for automatic encoding of multiples files and allows interactively with PixelTools companion products.
- Operating Systems:
- Runs under Windows 7, XP, 2000, NT, ME, or 98
- Manages files larger than 4 Gbytes under the Windows NTFS
- MOV, BMP, YUV, Y-U-V, TGA, AVI, DIB, D1, ABEKAS, and PPM formats
- Fields and frames in sizes from 16x16 to 16384x16384pixels
- Single frame or frame sequence to produce a longer stream
- Frame sequences stored on multiple drives
- Files output from other programs or drag and drop
- Initialization file containing session specific parameters
- EDL file describing scene by scene parameters
- Scene Change file containing known scene changes
- Frame sizes from 16x16 to 16384x16384 pixels
- Standard or user defined 7x7 kernel filters
- Full frame or regional filtering
- D1, VGA, or SIF down sampling
- Logo or graphic animation mixing with video
- High, Main, and Low Level encoding.
- High, Main, and Simple Profile encoding.
- MPEG-2 transport packetizing.
- 8-11 bit selectable DC precision.
- ZigZag and Alternate DCT scan.
- Dual Prime, 16x16, and 16x8 field and frame search
- Temporal down-sampling to 1 frame per second
- Adjustable IPB frame patterns (i.e., M and N values).
- Selectable sequence header insertion rates
- Modifiable start time code.
- Target decoder buffer sizes from 1 to 1000 vbv
- Constant bit rate or constant quantization
- 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 Chroma formats
- Compresses from 16x16 to 16384x16384 pixel frame sizes
- Supports all 18 HDTV formats
- Scene by scene bit rate change capability
- Automatic or manual GOP forcing
- Segment encoding to specified buffer states
- Encoding precision control
- Operator control of regional quantization within selected frames
- Closed caption text insertion
- Compete control over encoding precision to optimize session for highest quality or highest encoding speed
- Variable GOP structure
- Frame Accurate GOP Entry points
- Bit-rates from 1Kbits/sec to 168Mbits/sec.
- Frame rates from 1 frame/sec to 60 frames/sec.
- IPB, IP, or I-frame only streams.
- Results of pre-procession without encoding
- List of detected scene changes to SceneChange file
- Encoding statistics to log file
- Current parameter configuration
- Frame Viewing
- 24-bit color frame windows with zoom and roam
- Frames and fields visible at Input, Motion Compensated, DCTed, Compressed, and Error states
- Graphic windows displaying buffer fullness and encoding statistics
- Frame Overlays:
Motion Vectors, Block Decision Types, Quantization Values, and Block Activity
- User Help Facilities
- Fly-over Hints
- Context sensitive help for each dialog and menu item
- Comprehensive Users Manual with Expert encoding hints
- Includes sample D1 and SIF un-encoded source frames
Let us know if we can help or request a free demo of our products. View our products features at a glance.
Expert-HD is a trademark of PixelTools Corporation. All other brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respected holders.
Thank you for your interest in PixelTools