Expert Workshop® Software Development Kit
The functionality of PixelTools GUI software tools is available as Expert Workshop Software Development Kit (SDK). Expert Workshop SDK provides an API for high quality/high speed MPEG encoding, captioning, multiplexing, decoding and stream repair.
- Highly optimized native libraries for 64bit and 32bit operating systems. Utilizes native SSE3 instructions, multi-threading and multi-processor support
- Complete control of encoding parameters
- Closed captioning insertion during or after encoding.
- Closed captioning extraction, analysis, repair and removing.
- Stream header update operation.
- Compliant CEA-708 and 608 closed captioning decoder.
- Libraries for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Integrates with PixelTools’ HEVC and AVC encoder and multiplexer.
- Accepts configuration files from PixelTools’ associated GUI products for rapid prototyping.
Encoding times for 1 hour of video
HD (1920x1080) 15 minutes
HD (1280x720) 8 minutes
SD (720x480) 5 minutes
Video is encoded with IPB frames (long GOP) on an Intel i7 processor at 3.6 ghz
- MPEG Editor - Encoding/Decoding engine for most editing functions
- Closed captioning repair, insertion and extraction
- CEA-708 and 608 closed captioning display
- Remote monitoring - Real-time processing on Mac or PC including camera grab and scene change detection
- Video Post Production Processing - Integrate encoding into your Post Production
- Transcoding - Change Bit-rate; frame rate, aspect ratio, encoding flags
- Video On Demand - Encode Video, Graphics, or Web content
- Logo Insertion - Add your personal logo to video content on the fly
- Video Streaming - Add compressed video to your web server
- Repurposing - Convert bit-rate; frame size; Profile of MPEG streams
- Video Library- Report video properties, encode to thumbnails, decode xxx frame, slow motion
Identical functionality in Mac and PC versions.
Fully optimized for PC SSE3 enhanced processors
Optimized for multi-threaded/multiprocessing systems with up to 64 processors.
MPEG Workshop SDK is a full featured set of MPEG functions that are accessed by a simple to use interface
- Ultra High Definition MPEG through thumbnail MPEG1 profiles
- Bit rates from 500mbs through 16kbps
- Access extensive static and dynamic parameters
- Accepts a wide variety of input formats including QuickTime and AVI Inputs directly from Fire-Wire or USB video sources
- Inserts Closed Captions defined in text or .SCC file Inserts Open Captions defined in text or .SCC file Inserts
- Analog Captions into video
- Converts single frame into MPEG
- Includes preprocessing frame and sub-frame filtering.
- Easily integrates with PixelTools HEVC and AVC encoders
- Decode of transport, program, VOB, MXF and elementary MPEG streams.
- Split multiplexed streams into video, MPEG audio, AC3, PCM, and user streams.
- Decode of all or selected scenes of streams into BMP, TGA or YUV frames.
- Insert Closed Captions into stream without encoding
- Transcodes, removes, repairs and updates close captioning
- Extracts caption track from MXF file.
- Displays compliant CEA-708 and CEA-608 captions over decoded video
- Output extensive static analysis of MPEG stream properties.
- Output dynamic text, graphic, and video stream data during decoding.
- Provide frame accurate decoding suitable for editing functions.
- Decode audio component into PCM or WAV format MPEG
Outputs stream analysis
High quality encoding into MPEG layer 1 or 2 or A52
Output bit-rates from 32kbps to 384kbps
- Multiplexe elementary video, audio, AAC or AC3 into Transport, MPEG2 Program or
MPEG1 System stream
- Multiplexe 8 channel PCM audio into SMPTE transport stream
- Access to an extensive set of multiplexing parameters
- Accepts HEVC plug-in to accomplish HEVC and AVC transport multiplexing.
What’s in the box:
64 and 32 bit executables for Windows, Mac, or Linux Operating systems
C header files
Sample application with source code
Sample frames that work with the sample application